I’m shoutin’ it loud and clear: I AM 30! I am bound and determined to embrace this entrance into my 30’s (wow, that sounds weird!). It shouldn’t be hard…I just got engaged! That’s right, engaged before 30–barely!
The last couple of weeks I’ve been reflecting on a few things I’ve learned in these 30 years. I hope the next 3o continue to shape me and that I keep learning. I apologize if this is grossly cheesy, but you don’t have to read it!
30. Find people who will stick by you, and then stick by them.
29. Take time to be alone: reflect, pray, read, be still.
28. Get comfortable in your own skin (this is a work in progress for me)
27. Your family, including the messy parts, are worth fighting for.
26. I’m never going to be a size 2. And that’s Ok…
27. Religion can be so divisive
25. Jesus + nothing = everything
“It’s not about the money, money, money,
We don’t need your money, money, money.
We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag.
Ain’t about the (ha!) cha-ching cha-ching.
Ain’t about the (yeah!) ba-bling ba-bling…”
23. Singleness is an incredibly rich season (and also terribly confusing and painful)
22. Keep laughing–play games, be silly, have dance parties with kids…
21. Wait for the ‘real deal’ when it comes to love!
20. Find things that make you come alive, then do them!
19. Food is a gift. Enjoy it and share it!
18. God isn’t disappointed in me (also a work in progress)
17. Be loyal (the Huskies are gonna have their ‘off’ days, or seasons)
16. God uses uncertainty to deepen our trust in Him
15. People are beautiful. The world is beautiful. See the beauty in people who are different than you. Take time to get to know their stories.
14. Jordan is full of some of the most beautiful people I know.
13. God is mysterious. Its OK not to know everything.
12. Kids are the most pure form of joy.
11. Try the best you can to live authentically.
10. Embrace the seasons of life. Be present where you are.
9. Don’t let fear rule your life.
8. Try not to spend more money than you have.
7. Cultivate thankfulness.
6. Friendship is something to fight for.
5. God is love.
4. Remember. Remember where you’ve been and how God has shown up.
3. Hot sauce, especially Valentino, makes everything better.
2. I would not be where I am today without the amazing people in my life.
1. I am getting married and going to have a new last name–Hadder! Inga Hadder…wahoo! I think 30 is gonna be a GREAT year!
*Proposal story coming in next post…stay tuned!